Saturday, July 19, 2008

7 Weeks

This week I’ve noticed a lot of changes going on. At the first of the week I was extremely nauseas but thank goodness my baby loves me and isn’t making me hug the toilet. The latter part of the week has been much better and I haven’t felt bad at all. I’m extremely tired though. I can do absolutely nothing all day long and be exhausted by 7 pm! This is quite a change for me because I love to be active and hardly ever sit still. But I’m adjusting and learning to take it easy. After reading what’s going on with the baby this coming week I’m afraid the tiredness is only going to get worse. He or she is going to be a very busy bee this week. Here’s what’s going on with my sugar booger:

This week your baby has an amazing growth spurt(But hopefully not mom) At the beginning of this week, your baby is approximately 4 to 5 mm and by the end of the week it has more than doubled to 11 to 13 mm, the size of a grape! Your baby is approximately 0.03 ounces. Your baby's leg and arm buds are longer now and they have divided into segments where the hands and feet will be. The hands and feet also have an area where the fingers and toes will begin to form. It's a jumping bean, moving in fits and starts. At this point of your pregnancy, the heart is bulging from the body and it has divided into right and left chambers. The brain's hemispheres are continuing to grow and the air passages into the lungs are visible. Your baby's eyes are beginning to get pigment. The nose is developing and the beginning of the face can be seen. The baby's abdomen is developing quickly and the appendix and pancreas are already present. Your baby's digestive tract is beginning to form and the hindgut is present. The shape of the tail can still be seen, but it will fade in 3 or 4 weeks. The eighth week marks the beginning of a very busy developmental stage. Between now and 20 weeks, your baby will be growing rapidly, and body parts that formed in the first few weeks of life (such as the heart and brain) will become more specialized and complicated. Right now, the teeth and palate are forming. The fetus' skin is paper thin, and veins are clearly visible.
I think what’s so amazing is what is going on with the feet and hands. Here are some pictures at 7 weeks and then again just 7-8 days later. It truly is amazing the rate at which this baby is growing!

Above is the baby's hand at 7 weeks. Below is the baby's hand only 3 days later!

Here is the baby's foot at 7 weeks:

And here is the baby's foot 1 week later at 8 weeks: No wonder I'm so tired!


We went with my mom to Babies R Us and found some great furniture. Brandon is actually the one that picked it out and my mom and I fell in love with it. The great part is that it can turn into a full size bed so that it can grow as our child grows. Thanks Grammy and Papa for the great furniture! You guys are awesome.




I also found the bedding that I want. I’ve had my eye on this bedding forever but it was so expensive online!! 850 bucks to be exact…I know…INSANE!! But Nana came to the rescue and said she would make our bedding. I found the fabric awhile again and we’ve been finding the other fabric to go along with it over the past couple of weeks. I can’t wait to see it all put together…no rush though Nana.


I’m so blessed to have the family that I have. They’ve been amazing and so supportive. I just don’t know what I’ve done to be this lucky. It’s really great to see my parents this excited. They’ve wanted a grandchild for some time now and to be able to give them this, it truly is awesome to see the joy in their face when they talk about this little…let’s see how big is he/she(sorry I can’t call he/she an it) this week? Ah, that’s right, this little grape! Well, that’s all I have for this week! Here’s a peek from the inside:

Have a great week!!
LeAnn

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Busy little bean in there...Looks like the little one is going to be sleeping in some nice digs...can't wait to see the bedding...I'm sure Barbara is done by now :)~

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.