Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's always something!

I swear it's always something with me!
Got a message today, because my phone has been messing up and it goes straight to voicemail instead of actually ringing, from my nurse and my levels came back "wack" on my thyroid and it's elevated. Since it was a message I didn't get to ask any questions but figured if it's elevated that means hyperthyroid but when I pick up the meds she is putting me on for this it was for hypothyroidism which kinda confused me.

There's too types of thyroid problems, hypo or hyper. Hypo your body doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone and if you are hyper it produces too much. I have to figure out which type I am and if this medicine is the correct thing for me to take. She said on the message to give her a call back in the morning if I had any questions.

In case you don't know I'm a worry-wart, it's partly because I'm a control freak as well. So anything that is "wacky" as the nurse said in the message worries me. Anything that could possible affect my child definitely causes me to lose sleep. And the fact that I couldn't call the doc back to ask questions b/c their phones were already turned off really erks me...

I will update when I find out more.
Love,
LeAnn

0 comments: