Sunday, July 13, 2008

6 Weeks

We’ve had a great week at the McCollough house. Brandon started another summer school session and after this he will be down to only two classes!! I’m super proud of him and his grades are amazing. He has officially passed my GPA even though that was nothing for me to brag about and I’m starting to think he’s smarter than me!

As far as our little bean, this is what’s going on for week 6: This is going to be a busy week for our amazing little embryo. Their brain is still growing remarkably fast; miniature hand plates are starting to develop and the early formations of what will be their fingers are already visible. Also, the lower limbs do not develop quite as fast, so they’re pretty much still flippers. Up until this point, our baby has been very curled up with the head and tail in close proximity, but this week their trunk and neck are beginning to grow and straighten as their tail recedes into its resting position in the back. Even though our little miracle is only 6 weeks old, they’re already capable of demonstrating reflex responses to touch! Believe it or not here is a 6 week old embryo, isn’t it cute! That’s what our baby looks like right now, amazing!!

I had to go into the doc a little earlier than I expected because I had an episode of bleeding on Friday. At first, I didn’t think much of it but when it continued I got a little worried. So I called the doc just to make sure that this was normal and she asked that I come on in. Because my dad has Factor VI Leiden, a blood clotting disorder, she wanted to have me tested for a few other things that can come along with this. And don’t you know I did great all by myself getting my blood drawn. I hate needles and usually get very dizzy and queasy when I have to get my blood drawn. But all was good!! She also wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure I wasn’t having a tubal…so I got to see the little itty bitty bean!! The baby was extremely small and we couldn’t see much. It really does look like the ticker on my sidebar. We “thought” we saw the baby’s heart flickering but she couldn’t get the machine to stay on the baby long enough to get a heartbeat count. I have to go back in on Monday for some more blood and she said based on that she might want to do another ultrasound next week. We did see only ONE baby but she said I was so early that there could be another in there but she wasn’t going to search today. So Marcy, I don’t think you are going to get your third child via one of my triplets. I know, bummer!

I’m definitely starting to “feel” pregnant as far as the fatigue goes. I took a 3 hour nap today!! What gets me is that I don’t do a thing all day long and I’m still exhausted, it makes me feel quite useless and lazy but oh well! Yesterday was awful with the nausea. We went to help my parents and my dad was had bondo out and yuck, that stuff was stinky and I just felt like I was going to throw up all day. You know when your mouth starts watering…today has been much better! Here's the last 2 weeks belly pics:


Until next time,
LeAnn

0 comments: