Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hormones



Apparently when you are pregnant the hormones can cause you to be a tearful mess, or so I'm hoping it's the hormones. Today I feel like my hormones are just all messed up and I could cry about anything and everything. It all started this morning. See my doctor informed me this year that he would be retiring soon and is no longer delivering babies. No problem, I gotta another lined up. So when I found out I was pregnant I called to make my first appointment which was suppose to be last Wednesday. Except he got sick and had to reschedule for this Friday. No problem it's only one more week I can wait. Fast forward to today and the doctor called again. Apparently the poor guy is going to be out for some time and can't see me until August!! Yup, that's right August!! Of course I panic (blame the hormones). I don't want to wait until I'm 9-10 weeks along to go to my first appointment. I need to know everything is ok and that something is indeed in there :) Breakdown #1

Breakdown #2: Then I need B to tell me everything is going to be ok, that we will find a new doctor, etc, etc. but he forgot his phone at home and I cannot get a hold of him: crying #2. Brandon is the only one who can calm me down during one of my over-dramatic moments and when he isn't answering my calls or texts I immediately go from call me back to OMG he's dead on the side of the road because he ALWAYS has his phone on him. Except for today when he left it on the nightstand at the house :) So poor thing, as soon as he walked through the door, he got his head chopped off...sorry babe...really do love ya!

Breakdown #3: So back to the doctor: I frantically figure out how to find a new doctor. I just don't want someone out of the hat that I don't know. I mean this person will be delivering my first born...don't need any oopses going on or end up with Robin Williams from 9 Months. So I call my cousin who happens to be a nurse for some referrals. She's awesome and gives me along list. I start with checking who is on my insurance and that is just a pain to begin with. But luckily I found a great doctor that Katy recommended. I call the office to schedule my first appointment. She asked if I was pregnant and I said yes. She said well I will have to leave a message with a nurse to give you a call back today. She said that the nurse likes to ask the patient several questions and then schedule an appointment. Did the nurse ever call back...huh no. This frustrates me to no end. It's bad enough to want to talk to a doctor or a nurse but time and time you have to first leave a message and then wait for them to call you back, if that ever happens. Why can't you just talk to someone the first time you call? Is getting in to see a doctor and see your baby too much to ask?

Alright, enough of my rant. I just needed to clear my chest of this mess that's my own fault and vent a little :) That way B won't have to hear it all night!
Thanks for every ones well wishes and prayers. I especially need some prayers for patience, my weakest characteristic by far!

Also tomorrow is my last day of summer school...WHOOPEE

3 comments:

Judy said...

Thank you for sharing this journey with us. I love all the tickers with the details of baby's development. Isn't God good that he gave you B to travel this journey with you. I'm sure he can handle anything your hormones dish out.

deneise said...

hey girl...i love to cry...call me anytime!!

Jessie said...

Jessie says "Ask Dr. Elliot. He'll know a good Doctor for your new baby." Congrats.