Sunday, January 18, 2009

33 Weeks

Brody's 33 week development:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead. These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.

Mommy update:
This week was a really good one. I cannot believe it but I think I've "popped" again. I'm also starting to notice a little swelling in my face and feet but I think that has a lot to do with not moving around and all the medicine I'm on. I think this week is definitely the week where I've felt the most "pregnant". Everything is now a job and its getting harder and harder to waddle around. Sleep is no longer because I cannot get comfortable and the heartburn is absolutely the craziest thing...who would have thunk it:) I'd rather give myself a shot than deal with this heartburn. My new favorite thing right now is Juicy Juice Apple Juice but it kills me with the heartburn(kid you not the other morning I had half the bottle b/c I was craving it so much!) and ice water, I cannot get enough of it! I'm definitely ready for Brody to be here!!

Here's the 33 week belly pic(whoa!):


PS: I've been feeling ALOT of pressure and can really feel that his head is low...I wouldn't be surprised if "something" is going on!!

Stay tuned for the baby shower update
LeAnn

3 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Congratulations on 33 weeks! You are getting closer every day!

Ashley said...

I am glad this week was a better week for you. I definitely feel for you with the sleep and the everything becoming a job.

I am obsessed with apple juice and water, too (I also love Crystal Light Pink Lemonade) :)

You look so tiny. Hope you had a great time at your shower!

Blankenship Babbles said...

You need to do a bare belly post...it's about time woman :)~ You look awesome...1 more week till 34 woohoo...man, and that last sentence scares me a bit...I can't believe he could be here any day, it seems like yesterday you called to tell me the news...I remember that night so vividly...so strange the things that stick in your mind....keep on doing what you're doing Momma!!!

Love you all!!!