Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'll get to it

I know I said I would update with pics of the shower and I meant to Sunday evening but was so worn out that I wasn't able to update. I'm trying to arrange all the pics in a cute scrapblog but it's coming around slower than I thought.

Last night I had severe contractions. So painful I was coming off the bed and barely able to breath through them and they were coming about every 5-6 minutes. My poor husband, I'd want him to rub my back because it would help relieve some pressure but at the same time I was in so much pain I didn't want anyone touching me. He kept telling me to call the doc but just the thought of getting dressed and walking was too much, let alone lay on that uncomfortable bed at maternal observation. This lasted for about 2 1/2 hours until I could take the Procardia again. Once I got the meds back in me they eased up and I was able to relax but today I feel like I've had a full body workout and can barely move I'm so sore from all the contractions.

I'm pretty sure as soon as I get the all clear to go off the Procardia and I get up and do stuff around the house I will go into labor. I'm going to go ahead and make my prediction: I think I will go into labor and have Brody on Friday, February 6th. Why I think this: I go to the doctor every Thursday and on February 5th I will be 35 weeks and 4 days, close enough to 36 weeks that Dr. B will probably take me off the Procardia and bedrest. Knowing me I will go running around after the doc appointment just because I will have that freedom and this will probably get my contractions going, I think it will take 24 hours to get the Procardia out of my system and that puts us at Feb. 6th. If this theory doesn't work I will be begging for a 37 week induction, which would put us at Feb. 16th(or that week) You like my theories? :) What do y'all think?

I promise to update with pics on the great shower I had this weekend sometime this week.

Til then,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Nana said...

February 6th will be a great day! My cousin Carol's birthday is February 6th.

Ashley said...

It sounds like your contractions just keep getting worse. For Brody's sake, hopefully he will wait as long as possible to make his exit! I hope you are feeling better today and your contractions have calmed down.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Let's see...I'm going to go with...Well crap I'm not good with these things...I think he is coming sooner rather than later :)~ I'll leave it at that...hang in there!!!

Laiken's Mommy and Daddy!! said...

For now I am going to pick Feb. 19th...I may change this depending on the way things go but I have a feeling he may not come as quick as you think!! =)