Sunday, January 4, 2009

31 Weeks - Happy New Year's

Well it's 2009! This year marks a very exciting one for us and we can't wait to get this show on the road. It will be a life changing year but definitely for the better. We said good bye to the last year without children and are very anxious to see what this year brings.

31 weeks, can you believe it. I only have 49 more days...49! That's crazy to me. Brody will be here before you know it. It's funny because people will ask me when are you due and they probably think I look dumbfounded because I say well I really don't know, my due date is March 8th but I'm going to be induced 2 weeks early but that's only if he makes it that far because I'm on bed rest and contracting. They probably think...sorry for asking :)

Brody has definitely run out of room in there and can no longer kick me like before. He rolls and stretches more instead of kicks and flips. I'm having an awful time with heart burn at night when I lay down. I don't know what to do to help it because Tums really doesn't touch this stuff. Getting comfortable is also a challenge at bedtime. I don't know if it's because I'm getting bigger or because I'm in this bed so much but its throwing my schedule way off. I go to bed really late and sleep in late as well.

Modified bed rest is going ok. It definitely helps mentally to get out of the house but it also causes me to have more contractions. So I've tried to lay low and take it easy. I know if I get out too much I'm going to pay for it later with having uncomfortable contractions. I'm very anxious for Fridays appointment because I really want to check on Brody's growth. We haven't seen him in 3 weeks and she didn't schedule an u/s for this appointment so I might not be able to see him but I'm definitely asking for one for next appointment. I'd also like for her to check my cervical length to make sure it isn't shortening. I know she'll take another fFn test. I feel like the contractions are getting stronger which is at times frightening. But I'm not sure if this is because my uterus is getting bigger or what. I'm trying to trust my body and let it tell me if I need to call in or not. I was having a bad hour a few nights ago so I started to time them and in one hour I had 11 contractions :( Yikes!! Luckily they calmed down after I went ahead and took my medicine early.

Here's Brody's 31 week development:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

Til next time,
LeAnn

1 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the supportive comment. Anything, including bedrest, is completely worth it to keep our little ones as safe as possible, but it sure is boring. Luckily, we have wireless internet at home, so I have had tv to watch and a laptop to play on :)

I am sorry to hear that your contractions seem to be getting worse. At least you are being cautious and taking it easier to keep them under control. I hope the contractions will stay under control and you can continue to have modified bedrest and take some breaks from the bed! Good luck working in an ultrasound at this week's appointment. We hadn't had one since the big ultrasound at 19 weeks, so I was so excited to get a peak at Carter.