Thursday, January 29, 2009

34 Week Doc update

Good report today. Brody is measuring 6-7 days ahead and weighed in at 5 1/2 pounds. He's extremely low(really?) and was practicing his breathing a lot today. He's facing my spine so we couldn't get any pics of his face. They said he's locked and ready to roll, so is his momma!

They hooked me up to the NST monitors and a couple of my contractions were off the chart but they aren't in a pattern close enough so they still aren't changing my cervix and she's closed tight. I had a few choice words for her today:) Although she has shortened to 2.4 cm.

Dr. B said we will talk about going off the meds and bed rest next Thursday, which in my opinion means I'm going off. She said taking the Procardia this week is really up to me so I think I'm going to take it as needed for pain. I'm really hoping to get my contractions in a pattern this week. Right now they are 5-6 minutes apart, they need to be 2-3 minutes for a couple of hours before they will start working on my cervix. Dr. B said that she feels good where Brody is and that if he were to be born he'd most likely have 0 problems and be able to go home with me, no time in the NICU. So we've won the battle thus far! Yipppeeee. We will also be talking about switching to heparin next week so that I can have the epidural if and when I go into labor.

Til next time!
LeAnn

PS: Daddy is so ready to meet you Brody! He's like a kid the night before Christmas and cannot wait to see you!!!!

2 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Yay for you and for Brody!

Ashley said...

Glad to hear Brody is still measuring ahead and getting himself ready for his big debut! One more week of bedrest... you can do it (it's nothing compared to all the weeks you have already done)!