Friday, January 9, 2009

Doc Update

Well I'm back home from the doctor. I feel much better after having a long chat with Dr. B and here is what's going on:

-My cervix is still closed tight!!! I'm almost completely effaced(thinned out) which I'm not sure if that means a whole lot.
-Brody's head is VERY low and she can feel it, she said to expect a cone head as he's been hitting my pubic bone for awhile now but that can be molded and fixed right after he is born.
-She thinks that once I do go into labor it probably won't be very long as most first because I'm pretty much doing all the work now, I'm already thinned and he's already dropped and down there.
-Sunday I'll be 32 weeks and she really wants me to get to 34 weeks. At this point we will have some decisions to make but more than likely she will give me the steroids to boost his lung development and take me off the Procardia considering it's not doing much good now. At that point I could go into labor within a day or two or I could hang tight and make it to term, we just don't know how my body will respond.
-The only reason I should go into the hospital between now and 34 weeks is if my contractions get so strong that I'm in pain and can't take it any longer or if they just won't stop.
Here's a picture of effacement and dilation so those who aren't sure what I mean when I say I'm almost completely effaced:

I go back next Thursday for a stress test, an ultrasound to check his growth and development and to check on my cervix.

So I have 16 more days until she said we can really breath easy and start letting nature take it's course. Each day he stays in there is one less day he will have to be in the NICU if he has to go in there at all.

Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers...keep them coming!
LeAnn

3 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

WoW...Mr. Vix is almost non existing down there :)~ You are doing great work...I'm glad you are able to stay home...you will be way more comfortable there than at the hospital. Brody stay put for atleast 2 more weeks baby boy!!!

WOW...2 weeks and all of this might come to an end :O CRAZY!!! I hope he hangs on longer, but at 34 weeks he will only thrive too...so, don't worry about that...and since he is already measuring so BIG...I bet he will be close or over the 5lb mark :)~

Love you all...hang in there

-Auntie M-

Ashley said...

I am glad that you feel better after your doctor's appointment and that you were able to go back home. At least your cervix has not dilated. Well, an easier/quicker labor is definitely a plus.

I hope you will make it to 34 weeks (hopefully at least 36 weeks) without any further complications. Maybe you'll end up making it to full term after all this craziness!

I know bedrest is not something you are enjoying... believe me I understand, and I have only been here a week! I am ready to go back to work just to do something other than sit on my butt!

If you are bored, send me a message :)

Michelle said...

He Leanne... I go to Grace and keep up with your blog sometimes through Deneise's. I went into early labor with both of my kids. Savannah at 34 and Trea at 32 weeks. With Trea they had me do a sonogram when my contractions stopped and said he weighed at 3 lbs and if I had him he would go straigh to the NICU. My water broke that night and he was born the next day weighing 5 lbs. 7 oz. So keep the faith and know that God knows what he is doing!