Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Complete frustration

This has to be the most frustrating pregnancy ever! Monday night I had a really bad night with a lot of pubic bone pain and contractions that were pretty strong and intense. I had noticed throughout the day on Monday that my contractions were getting stronger and more painful but I just chalked it up to being nothing. Well Monday night I could barely get out of bed without being in severe pain. I slept through it as best I could and called the doctor on Tuesday. It was the after lunch when I finally talked to the nurse and Dr. B was out for delivery so she wanted me to go into the hospital to get checked.

Long story short: The contractions I was having where double in intensity from last time I was in L&D(3 weeks ago), they checked me and I'm 50% effaced, not dilated and she could feel Brody's head. I don't know about y'all but this freaked me out. She said he was sitting right on my pubic bone and she tried to push him back up but he came back down...what the heck...you can feel my kids head...is he suppose to be that low? They did a fFn test and it came back negative so we have 10 more days! They sent me home on taking the Procardia every 4 hours now instead of every 5 to see how I do and I go to the doctor on Friday. I will know more then.

I've never leaned on the Lord as much as I am right now...I've turned to him but I literally feel like he's carrying me as of right now.

Til next time,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Nana said...

Like I keep telling you. . . this is definitely Brandon's baby! He was very active and beat on me severly when I was carrying him.

Ashley said...

Sorry to hear you had to make another trip to L&D. I know that this is frightening and stressful for you and Brandon. I am glad the fFN test came back negative, and I hope that Brody will keep himself inside for another 7 weeks until your induction date. Did your doctor give you any information on whether the effacement and being able to feel Brody's head is normal or not???

Blankenship Babbles said...

You stay in that bed missy...and to see what Nana says...your little man is going to be just as stubborn as your BIG man :)~ You are doing awesome...hang in there...just a little longer...

Unknown said...

LeAnn,

Hope you had a nice holiday season!My name is Lisa Gyllstrom, and I'm a member of the public relations team that raises awareness for FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin test. I read your blog with interest and thought you might like to learn more about the test. Check out www.fullterm.net, and feel free to include the site as a link on your blog so that readers can access the information. Additionally, if you have a Facebook profile, join "FullTerm, The Fetal Fibronectin Test" fan page to help spread the word about prematurity and the FullTerm Test.

Best,
Lisa Gyllstrom
fullterms@schwartz-pr.com