Sunday, December 14, 2008

28 Weeks - Third Trimester

We are in the third and final trimester!!! Needless to say this week has been a little crazy. Yesterday went alot better but of course I'm contracting again today. They are all over the place so I'm not worrying about them.

I woke up this morning with a double nose bleed and then my shot instantly started to bruise my stomach so I have a huge green bruise :) Good times!

How do you spell suckage = BEDREST

Tomorrow is my GD test, U/S and doctors appointment at 9:45. So we will know more then. I went ahead and called into work because I'm almost 100% sure that she's not going to take me off bedrest considering I'm on the medicine to stop contractions yet I'm still having contractions. I believe after this appointment we will be down to every 2 week visits.

Here's Brody's 28 week development:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
Please stay in there and grow baby! I promise its better right now in there than out here!!

Here are some pics of this weeks graduation celebration:



Graduation party at Joe T's:








I feel your pain buddy boy I feel your pain!

Thanks everyone who came to Joe T's to help B celebrate this milestone in our lives. He had a great time and much needed family/friend time! We appreciate all the gifts and well wishes! I cannot begin to tell you how thankful we are to have such a great support system.

I know I say this alot but we are so blessed with such a great family. Marcy took all the pictures for me this weekend as well as picked up the cake for Joe T's(Thanks Marcy!) My mom and dad came over yesterday while B went to run some errands. My dad entertained me and my mom cleaned the living room, kitchen, did laundry and ran to pick up some groceries. Your a lifesaver mom!!!! They also stopped by today after the party to check on me and keep me company. Tonight Poppy and Nana came over to delivery a recliner for guest that come to visit in the bedroom and Nana fixed me a scrambled egg sandwich and did some dishes. Thanks guys....we really appreicate it. And I cannot even begin to explain how loved I am by my husband. He has had to wait on me hand and foot. We have had several late nights this week not to mention the stress of finals and our health. You don't realize what all you do in one day until you are laying flat on your back. He has taken such good care of me and hasn't complained once about doing it. I cannot thank him enough for everything that he has done. He's one AMAZING husband and I love him so much!!

I will update tomorrow after the doc appointment!
Love,
LeAnn

4 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

WoW...what a week for you guys...ConGRADulations to Brandon first off what a huge accomplishment to uphold...I know your parents, wife and baby boy are all very proud of you...I know a friend of yours that is pretty proud of you himself...we are so bummed we couldn't be there for your celebration, but like Leann we were where we were supposed to be (not spreading our germs to everyone, especially you)...Please know we were there in spirit :)~

Leann, I know the last week has been so hard on you...when all of this started this week, bedrest was one of the things I thought was probably going to be your fate...I know it sucks, but I know you can get through it, you are one tough cookie and determined to finish everything you set your mind to, and this is no different. Sorry I couldn't be there with you this weekend like we had planned on. I hope the contractions stop soon and that you get some kind of answers tomorrow. You are doing an awesome job Mom...don't forget that!

XOXO - Mandy

Ashley said...

I hope you will get some good news at today's appointment.

I can imagine bedrest for the remainder of your pregnancy is not the most desirable option, but you can do it.

Keep us posted on how today goes. Good luck with the GD test :)

Esther Jo & Ruth Rose said...

Hi,
accidentally stumbled on your blog.
A year ago, I was in the same situation- 28 weeks, stayed in hospital for 1 week on Mag, came back home on bedrest, biweekly (or was it weekly)shots.
The baby finally came at 35wks, kinda small, but did good- he's at 90 & 75% ht & wt now.
Dont worry about everything, things will work out. Remember, every day counts and your baby is safer by the day after 28wks.

My earlier one came in at 28 wks,- long story- but she's doing good too.

Couple of things I did on bedrest -
Make tiny playdoh sculptures and stuck them on paper & put them as posters- they can be real colorful
Paint
Stretch
Worked out with hand weights, making sure the effort was just on hands.
write letters!

Have fun with your bedrest- do things you never would have the time for.

Take care, and be encouraged. Cherish every minute of your bedrest, cause boy , you arent going to get any when the baby comes :)

marcy said...

How beautiful is Leah? She is one of those girls who totally glows during pregnancy!
You are going to get through this with flying colors...you're too stubborn to do otherwise! I love you and am praying for all three of you.
And, is it immature of me to laugh everytime you write GD test???