Friday, December 12, 2008

Bedrest!

I was released from the hospital yesterday at 3 and sent home on strict bedrest until my appointment Monday. The only reason I can get out of bed is to go to the bathroom or take a 10 minute shower once a day. I can't even sit up for long or lay on my back as they detected yesterday that it starts my contractions back up or causes Brody's heartrate to increase. I guess it puts too much pressure on the uterus.

I made a deal with Brody last night that he has to stay in there until at least 36 weeks and not irritate my uterus too much by bouncing around and I'll do what I have to do to keep him in there, so if he chills I will chill. That said I'm trying to take this bedrest thing with an upbeat attitude.

I'm going to miss Brandon's graduation this weekend as well as his graduation party on Sunday. I think that's the biggest bummer of all this. I was really looking forward to watching him cross that stage and see him in his cap and gown. He(We) have both sacrificed and worked hard for this degree and its been such a long road traveled that it doesn't seem right for me not to be there. But at the same time he has earned this and I want him to be able to go and enjoy himself!! Just know I'll be watching online babe!!!

He's been so great. He hooked me up as soon as we got home. He set up all my needs on my nightstand and then this morning before going to work he got all my snacks and breakfast ready and put all my waters in a cooler next to the bed. How great is he?? I really couldn't do this without him. He keeps me sane and encourages me when I feel I can't do this! He also tells me to suck it up when I need to just suck it up :)

My hope and prayers right now are that I will be released from bedrest come Monday. Hopefully this medicine will do the trick and calm my uterus down enough to allow me to go back at least half days. We will see! The good thing is I only have next week and then we are off for Christmas break for 2 weeks. I'm sure they will check my cervix length via u/s to make sure its not thinning and then go from there. I have a feeling a lot of fetal stress test are in my future.

Thus far the medicine is definitely working. I haven't had any contractions since last night. I had a few last night but it was right around the time for me to take my meds so they must have been wearing off. The medicine definitely doesn't come without side effects. Its a blood pressure medicine so it lowers my blood pressure. Which would be fine except I'm normally low to begin with. So I get extremely dizzy with this medicine and usually feel light headed for the first 2 hours I take it(I have to take it every 6 hours). Another side effect is torrible(from my nephew Ben) headaches and a flushed feeling like I'm sunburned. But all in all not to bad compared to that terbutaline I had the other day...that stuff stinks!!!

So if you have any suggestions on how to past the time on bedrest send me a comment! I'm already bored :)

Keep us in your prayers, little guy needs to stay in there for 8 more weeks!
LeAnn

1 comments:

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

I'm checking in on you from Atlanta and praying that you and Brody stay safe & sound.