Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Week 1

It's been a week since I got into bed....that's 7 days....168 hours...10,080 minutes. Yup this is what you do when you are on bedrest. I want to get up off my butt and run down the street...I hate running but right now would love to run. I want to get up and do laundry...pick up the clothes off the floor that I pass on my way to the bathroom, throw this food bag away in the kitchen so my room doesn't smell like Chick-fil-a, walk by Brody's room so I can get the biggest grin on my face and feel all warm and fuzzy, go Christmas shopping with the little money I have, I ACTUALLY WANT TO GO TO WORK! Some of you might be thinking what is she complaining about...she's at home in bed all day...yeah well its all fun and games the first 1 or 2 days...try it long term...and don't forget, you can't get up for jack but to pee. I actually go try and pee even when I don't need to just to get up and move. Do you know how long a day is when you aren't doing anything? Forget the stupid tv, it's not entertaining anymore. So I'm listening to XM Christmas music watching Brody dance around because its his favorite music right now...he's so much like his momma.

Ok done with my vent for the day...I'll suck it up now and put on the happy attitude.

PS: You wanna know who doesn't get tired of bed rest? Two boxers named Haus and Molly...they haven't moved in two days from this bed...seriously?!?!

Love ya,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi LeAnn - I saw you had my blog linked from yours and thought I better check yours out. :) It's crazy that we have almost the same due date - I wish you weren't having to be on bedrest! I will count my lucky stars that I can still get my (fat) butt up to pee whenever I want to. ;) Praying for some good news for you very soon. *hugs*

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

I am sure it is boring after the first day or so. I am like you... I would go stir crazy within days.

Maybe at your next appointment your doctor will give you modified bedrest or let you resume some normal activities. You might try Netflix or another movie rental program so you can constantly have new movies to watch (since daytime tv gets old fast).

The good news is that you are keeping Brody safe and sound :)