Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Not a typical day




So I'm sitting here at Harris in L&D getting monitored...yup that's right, at the hospital.

Yesterday I didn't feel Brody move at all until I got home and laid on my side so that got me a little worried. Then this morning I couldn't feel him after having OJ and a Dr. Pepper so I called the doctors office for some reassurance that he was just sleeping or something.

When the nurse called back and found out that I had only felt him kicking 4 times since last night she said to drop everything and come in. When I got there they hooked me up for a fetal stress test and his heart rate was perfect but I was having frequent contractions, every 2-3 minutes.

So Dr. B got a preterm labor swab and sent me on my way to get monitored at the hospital. Three shots of terbutaline later and a whole bunch of jitters and shakes from them we were still contracting. My heartbeat was 125 so they could give me any more terbutaline. The preterm labor test came back negative, which is great, means I have a highly unlike chance of going into labor in the next 2 weeks but the doctor is concerned that the contractions didn't stop. So she's keeping me on a 24 hour observation and tried a new medicine procardia which has really helped the contractions. I haven't had any in 2 hours!!

The high risk doc, Tabor, who started me on Lovenox is coming by in the morning to check on me and Brody and we will go from there.

Good news...cervix isn't dilating...bad news....contractions didn't stop like they should with meds.

Keep y'all updated when I know more!
LeAnn

3 comments:

Cayley said...

Praying for you and little Brody!

Nana said...

Praying for you and my little Brody. I think he knew Nana was out of town and he wanted her home! Love all of you so much!

Ashley said...

How scary. Thankfully the swab came back negative for preterm labor. I hope everything is fine and that the contractions have stopped. Please keep us updated.