Monday, December 15, 2008

Doc Update

Well we are home now. We were at the doctors office form 9:30 to 1:00!

1. I had my GD test today and the fruit punch wasn't bad at all. I should have the results tomorrow. I told the nurse if I failed to not even call me because I can't handle anymore.

2. We had scheduled a 4D ultrasound today for a Christmas gift to our parents. My mom has really been wanting one so I thought it would be a perfect gift. Apparently Brody thought otherwise because he was face down and they couldn't even perform the 4D...so there goes that gift idea. They took Brody's measurements and he's still measuring 2 weeks ahead, thank goodness, I'd rather him be ahead than behind. Although one sign of GD is growing big babies...I'm knocking on wood this isn't our case. My fluid levels are great and cervix measured 3.4cm, which is good.

3. They hooked me up to the nonstress test monitor and of course I was contracting. At one point I was having them ever 2-3 minutes apart. After being on this for an hour we went to see Dr. B. She said I have preterm uterine irriability. As long as the contractions don't get stronger and as long as my cervix(which she checked) stays closed we are good.

4. I'm on bedrest for the time being as well as on the Procardia

5. We go back next Monday for another FFT test to see if I'm going to go into preterm labor and to check my cervix. We talked about the steroids to mature Brody's lungs but she doesn't think I need them at the moment. She said if my cervix starts to change or if I get on the FFT then we will do the steroid shots.

6. She said everyday after 28 weeks that Brody can stay in there is best. His lungs get stronger and stronger each day and he puts on more weight each day to give him the strength to breath when he gets out.

7. I only gained 1.5 pounds this month...this is a huge accomplishment for me because I was worried about Thanksgiving and all the yummies.

8. I got the vibe from Dr. B that I'm not going to make it to term or even 38 weeks. Talking about the steroids I just got the feeling that they were going to be in my near future and so is preterm labor...but I might be totally wrong. I'm taking the mental attitude of he's staying in there til 38 weeks...positive thinking!

9. Brody is no longer in the breech position and is now head first!

I have a few prayer request(power of prayer works!):
- For Brandon who is going to be my sub
- For my body to get use to this procardia, the side effects are not fun and make me really foggy and drugged
- For Brody that he stays in there and doesn't have any side effects of the drugs either
- That we make it to at least 34-36 weeks so that Brody will be ok on his own and won't require the NICU.

Thanks!
LeAnn

2 comments:

Blankenship Babbles said...

Our Prayers are definitely coming your way girl...hang in there...You and Brody both are doing a great job...Don't forget to play him his prayer from Jolie everynight :) Love you all!!!

XOXO - Mandy

Ashley said...

I know you are upset with what is going on, but the good news is that your cervix is holding strong and you are not in preterm labor. You are doing a great job keeping Brody safe.

Praying that Brody stays put for another 10 weeks!