Monday, December 29, 2008

30 Weeks


30 Week Belly Shots - 8 more weeks baby - keep on growing in there!

I've recovered from what I can only guess was a 24 hour stomach bug and feeling much better today. It seems any little thing can cause me to have a break down right now and for me to have a pity party and start asking the what next questions but I'm good to go now after crackers, spirit and a good nights rest...oh and begging for mercy to my great Lord. He heard my cries and made it a quick bug :)

Here's Brody's development at 30 weeks, can you believe he will be here in 8 short weeks, we only have 56 days to go!
This week your baby continues to open and shut his eyes. He can probably see what's going on in utero, distinguish light from dark and even track a light source. If you shine a light on your stomach, your baby may move his head to follow the light or even reach out to touch the moving glow. Some researchers think baring your stomach to light stimulates visual development. But don't expect 20/20 vision when your baby is born -- newborns can see a distance of only about 8 to 12 inches/ 20 to 30 centimetres. (Children with normal vision don't reach 20/20 vision until about age 7 to 9.) To complete the picture, your baby now has eyebrows and eyelashes. Your baby's total length is 17 inches and weighs around 3 - 3.5 pounds.
______________________________________________________________________
I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I know B and I lucked out this year and got great gifts. We started off at my aunt Barbara's house for Christmas eve with my mom's family. We had a great time and it was so good to be out of the house. My cousin, Charlie, has a 6 month old English Bulldog and I was in heaven loving on TJ. He's too cute. We then played our family tradition of cards(contract) and of course my grandma Marilyn took all our money! She always wins! We also played the chinese exchange game and I won 5 bucks and a 10 dollar gift card to McDonald's which everyone knows is my favorite place!

On Christmas morning we went over to my parents where there was a live tree that Santa brought waiting for me in their living room. Ever since I was a little girl I've had a real tree except for this year, with everything going on know one got one. My parents are the greatest :) Love you mom and dad. This is where B and I made out.Here's a few of our favorite gifts, or at least mine, B will have to do his own post :)





After we left my parents house we went over to B's parents to eat lunch. Nana had fixed the best ever lunch with all of our favorites! We made out there as well in gifts! Thanks Nana and Poppy. Aunt Marcy got Brody a few outfits and toys that I know he will love. It seems like just yesterday her 2 boys were playing with toys similar to these.

Aunt Mandy found these great pics for Brody's room and is going to help me decorate the nursery while I'm on bedrest. Thanks Mando!


Thanks Aunt Judy for Brody's Christmas present: its the high chair cover/grocery cart cover, it will come in very handy here in a few months!

And I must thank Aunt Marg for my little gifts in the mail. I love getting things in the mail and it brightens up my day :)

Nana's been hard at work getting the rocker cushions started and said that she should have everything finished by next weekend! I'm oh so excited to see the final product and to get everything organized.


With all the running around we did for Christmas I'm very proud to report that I had little contractions except for yesterday while sick. I've adjusted well to the lower dosage of Procardia and don't have any side effects from it. My fFn test that we did last week came back negative which means I have less than 1% chance of going into labor in the next 2 weeks--Awesome! And for the first time in my pregnancy my thyroid levels were stable...so we don't have to adjust the meds. I'm really going to talk with Dr. B tomorrow and push for no bedrest since I've had little contractions and my fFn test came back negative. I'm sure she will want to check my cervix but I figured if it's still closed tight I'll be good to go. I've planned out the whole day if I get off bedrest and its suppose to be beautiful weather so I'm really hoping for a good report tomorrow :)

I'll update after tomorrow appointment...that is if I'm home :)
Love,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas and were able to get out of the house! I am sure you needed that break away from your bed. It's awesome that you got several Christmas gifts for Brody. We got lots of baby gifts too :)

Good luck at tomorrow's appointment. I hope with the negative fFn results and decreased contractions your doctor will allow you to have some active time.

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. We really missed you yesterday but am thankful that you are keeping Brody safe. Hope you have a good appointment tomorrow.

Cayley said...

Haha, the rocker cushion that Brandon will have to Scotchgard outside because it smells :D
People were jealous that I got to see you Sunday and they didn't. Lucky me! Hang in there. I love you!