Monday, December 22, 2008

Doc Update

The doctor's appointment went well this morning...here's the run down:

-I'm still on bedrest
-She took another Fft test and we should get results over Christmas...she said if it's positive she will call me and if its negative then I won't hear from her.
-She lowered my dose of Procardia to help with the side effects but if I start contracting alot I have to go back on the higher dose.
-I'm still having contractions, had 4 while hooked up on the monitors for 30 minutes this morning.
-CERVIX HASN'T CHANGED! Which is great, means the contractions aren't causing me to dilate.
-I asked why we were worried about these if they weren't changing my cervix. She said that I have a very irritated uterus and they could very well put me into full blown labor or cause my water to break so we have to be careful.
-She said that if this Fft test comes back negative and I do ok on the lower dose of Procardia she might give me moderate bedrest, meaning I can do things around the house instead of just laying in bed. But she isn't getting brave with me and allowing me to get off bedrest until 34 weeks. So I have 5 weeks to go on bedrest, at the least.
-Obviously this isn't what I was hoping for and isn't the best scenerio as far as work. FMLA allows me 12 weeks. I have another week of vacation so then I will start my FMLA...if he does hold out until 38 weeks my 12 weeks will be up when he's 5 weeks old, I was hoping to stay home 6-8 but I guess that's not going to happen. That also means I won't get paid for 12 weeks...but I can't stress about it
-We go back next Tuesday for another check up and see how I'm doing.
-I'm getting a cold

Keep the prayers coming please,
LeAnn

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am sorry it was not the news you were hoping for, but the good news is that your cervix is holding strong. I had a pleasant cervix check today after having my first experience with contractions this weekend. I am now home and on limited activity thanks to the progression of my symphyseal separation. At least I have the option of working from home, so I won't be quite as bored as you.

I am sorry your leave situation is not going to work out like you had anticipated. Will you be off for summer vacation or do you have to do summer school?

I will be thinking about you and praying that Brody stays put for several weeks to come.

Blankenship Babbles said...

Girl all of this is out of your control...and I know you hate that more than anything...but you are being a good sport. Let me know when you are done with the DC's and Party of 5...I might go buy the next season of that and let you borrow it :)~ Take it easy...No Marathons, you got that!!!

Shellee said...

Hang in there, girl! Praying for a safe arrival for you and the baby!