Saturday, December 13, 2008

No Bueno

So B and I were at the hospital again last night from 11p to 4a. I started having contractions again at 6p that were all over the place in time and length but I had 6 in one hour so I called my doc as directed. The on call doc advised me to drink plenty of water(which I had already been doing), empty my bladder and take a hot bath to try and relax my uterus. In the meantime I asked my parents to come over and feel my stomach just to make sure these were actually contractions I was feeling(being a first timer I wanted to triple check). Sure enough they were and the bath didn't help. Now with my procardia in me I was still having them. They were getting stronger and were every 4-5 minutes apart so we decided to head in. The nurse hooked me on the monitor and sure enough there they were every 4-5 minutes. Brody was doing great though with a heartrate in the 150s like normal.

Terb was order(I'm starting to really hate this drug) and to much of my surprise actually stopped the contractions! Wednesday the terb didn't even touch me. But 45 minutes later they were back again. So I got a 2nd round of terb with Brody and I jittery as ever and our hearts racing out of our chest we calmed the lovely uterus down so that the contractions stopped.

They checked my cervix and its still hard and tight. So I asked the nurse if that were the case shouldn't we not worry about these contractions. She said since my FFT(I think thats what it is called) test came back negative its highly unlikely I will go in labor in the next 2 weeks but she did say that if I keep having contractions it can start to irritate the cervix and make it start to thin out or dilate so we have to get the contractions under control.

Not to sure how much more I can take but lovely uterus needs to knock it off asap!

Til next time,
LeAnn

0 comments: