Friday, February 27, 2009

1 Week Old


What an amazing week it's been. I cannot believe my little booger bear is already one week old. Just so y'all know this is the coolest kid ever! Even if he did keep me up ALL night last night he's still pretty darn awesome.

I cannot even describe motherhood. It's funny because before I got pregnant, even during pregnancy, I made fun of "those" mothers. You know the ones that are pretty much stuck on their kids and that's all they talk about and blah blah blah, yea well now I understand and it's totally back firing on me. I seriously need to win the lottery so I can stay at home all day and love on this kiddo. I can sit for hours and just look at this precious face. He's my little miracle from God and I cannot thank him enough for this gift he has given me. I feel so blessed.

So this is what Brody's been doing this week:

  • He can totally turn over to his side. Not sure if they are suppose to do this yet but he does it all the time. I will put him on his back and before I know it he will be completely on his side.
  • He's starting to smile. I don't think he means to do it or knows he is doing it although Grammy begs to differ but he's smiling and it's so cute
  • He loves to eat! We are breast feeding and he rocks at it. It really is so easy for us and he will latch right on and go to town...I think he's a little piglet like his cousin Ben was. He's been eating every 1 1/2 - 2 hours and will get milk mustaches. It's hilarious.
  • He loves to pee on his momma. Seriously I've been sprayed probably 5 times already. I'm getting better but those little weewee's are so unpredictable.
  • His favorite spot to sleep is on mommy or daddy's chest with his arm propped up under his cheek. He looks JUST like his daddy when he sleeps like this.
  • He snores!None of his clothes fit, they are all so big still. He's still a face scratcher so he has to wear the long sleeve mitten shirts and they are almost impossible to find! The only size that fits him is the Gerber or Carter Newborn and they are still a little big.
  • The only time he cries is when he's wet or when he's hungry.
We went to the doctor this morning because he needed to get his privates checked out and guess what?! On Tuesday he weighed 5lbs 11oz and today he weighed a whoopin 6lbs 6oz!! That's 2oz more than his birth weight. The nurse and doctor were shocked and said that was an amazing weight gain, he said we are rockstars at feeding :) This was such a relief and I felt my first success as a mother!! Good job Brody

Please turn the lights off!

Our 1st walk





Look just like daddy here!
Got milk? Look closely and you can see his milk mustache on the left
Love,
LeAnn

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Glad to hear that feeding is going well for you guys and that Brody is gaining so well. That is awesome! I feel for you on being up all night. 6 hours of sleep is fabulous though... I can't wait for one of those nights!

We'll have to get the boys together sometime so they can meet
(and us too).

Blankenship Babbles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blankenship Babbles said...

You look great girl...you are doing a great job...Just like we all knew you would...um that first picture, I've seen you make that face many times...but he looks like Brandon doing it...if that makes any sense... :) Hope to see you this weekend sometime...Love you guys...

deneise said...

can i have him???

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like he is doing so great! He is a doll!

Love,
Stacy