Sunday, February 1, 2009

35 Weeks

Whew! I don't know about y'all but I sure am ready to get this show on the road! Come on out Brody, momma's ready!

We only have 3 more weeks until I'm induced, 2 if I can talk Dr. B into putting me out of my misery :) I'm still contracting like crazy and I haven't taken the Procardia since Friday. They are definitely getting stronger and closer together but still aren't 2-3 minutes apart for 2-3 hours.

Brody thinks he has all the room in the world in there as well because he's been very active the past two days and making my belly look very funny at times, I love it and sure will miss that feeling!

I ventured out today and went to church and lunch with my husband. It was nice to just get out and the day was beautiful.
21 days, I just can't wrap my head around it!
My work is throwing me a baby shower at the school on Wednesday afternoon and I'm super excited to see everyone, I've missed them a great deal.

Please keep my sister in law in your prayers, she has pneumonia, I hope she has a speedy recovery in case Brody decides to come!!

Here's Brody's development this week:
Your baby weighs 5 1/2 pounds and is over 18 inches long. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
35 Week Belly(Momma's gettin' big!):

Also if you could pray for Brody's growth: I'm a little concerned after learning that he isn't measuring a week ahead anymore(he was measuring 3 days behind on Thursday but B assured me it's because he has his short legs!)It's hard to explain but they measure his head, belly and femur bone. His head was measuring a week ahead, his stomach on time and his femur a week behind. They then take the average of the three for an overall average. All the other scans he's been measuring 7-10 days ahead for an average of 7-10 days ahead, well this week he's measuring 3 days behind. The doc didn't seemed concerned and I know they always say give or take a few days from the scan but when you are use to your little guy measuring ahead and then all of a sudden he isn't it's hard to not worry. This is a very critical time for him right now because it's usually when the placenta starts to break down and form clots for Factor V patients. We go back on Thursday for another growth scan and if he's still behind I'm assuming she will go ahead and induce me, so just something for all my prayer warriors to keep in mind. Thanks so much!

Til Thursday,
LeAnn

2 comments:

The Sasser Family said...

Praying for you guys every day. I think about you constantly and check the blog weekly for an update. Praying for a fast 3 weeks and a healthy baby in the end. God is good all the time!

Ashley said...

Another week down... that much closer to meeting Brody!

I will keep Brody in my prayers and hopefully his growth will be back on track at your next appointment.

You are looking good!