Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Still Here....Still Pregnant

Just a quick update, I'm still here and still pregnant...no Brody yet.

I started having what I call "real" contractions last night and whoa....these suckers hurt. I mean they take over my whole body and I can't do anything but concentrate on breathing and even sometimes that's hard. I had 2 last night and then I had 2 in the middle of the night around 2:30 that woke me up from a deep sleep. Forget the whole no drugs thing I will NEED that epidural! After those 2 I had pretty strong ones but they weren't the same. I just keep trying to visualize my cervix dilating in hopes that it is!

I was going to call the doc first thing this morning before my 9am Lovenox shot to get her to check me but my contractions tappered off around 8:00 so I held off on the call. Held my breath and took my shot, so now I cannot go into labor until 9pm when it would be closer to getting the epidural and the Lovenox would be out of my system.

I have a hair appointment at 1:00, need to look pretty for my son's arrival, she will probably get all the foil in and then my water will break! :) After that I plan on coming home and doing some laundry and things around the house just in case she sends me to the hospital at tomorrow's appointment. It's also a BEAUTIFUL day outside so I will probably walk around the block a few times.

Last night my sister in law treated us to a great dinner at Gloria's. She swore it would put me into labor as it did her friend a few years ago...but no such luck thus far. But thanks again Marcy for dinner! So as of right now I've tried PF Chang's spicy chicken and Mexican food...I really think I need Leah's hot sauce to do the trick :)

Still contracting, still pregnant, still waiting :)
Have a great one!
LeAnn

2 comments:

Nana said...

I am telling you, when you get to the hospital and tell them you need the 'happy' shot. It will take the edge off and you will sort of drunk. You will not care what they do. Enjoy the day. I have a hair appointment this evening so hopefully Brody will wait until Nana gets her hair done.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like there are going to be some beautiful women waiting for Brody's arrival! I hope you enjoy your last Wednesday before he's born!

Love,
Stacy