Wednesday, February 11, 2009

100th Post

Wow, I just saw that this is my 100th post! Just wanted to give a little update on how the week is going.

Got a call from my nurse today and my Group B strep test came back negative! YEA: one less thing to worry about during delivery.

I've had a pretty good week. I haven't had as many contractions but the ones I have are so painful, strong and long....I swear some of them last 6-7 minutes. They are mostly at night and last a couple of hours then putter out.

I have a TON of questions tomorrow for my doctor. My main concerns are his growth, if he isn't over 6 lbs tomorrow and still measuring behind I'm going to be super worried. The thing with Factor V is that the placenta starts to clot as it ages and stops functioning properly which in return can cause Intrauterine Growth Restriction(IUGR) which basically means the baby can't grow that well inside the womb. Anyway it's the #1 concern on my mind right now. The next thing is the whole heparin. I really don't want to stay on Lovenox during delivery and would really love an epidural but also I'm worried about C-Section while being on Lovenox. Will I just be put under, will I have to have a blood transfusion if I bleed a lot, what are the steps we take after delivery to ensure I don't clot??? And then of course I want to talk about induction! I'm so ready....we are so anxious and just ready for Brody to be here, I feel he will be safer on the outside than he is on the inside right now so I really want her to induce me as soon as it is safe for Brody. I can literally feel his head hitting my pubic bone at times and trust me this is not comfortable or painless. I feel like he's trying to beat the door down but it's locked right now...come on baby find that key :) I guess we will know more tomorrow.

I've pretty much done everything possible to start labor naturally, I've given up and know that it's not on my time schedule, it's on his, so I wait....and wait....and wait.
We found this swim suit for Brody's Disney trip this summer, isn't it the cutest:

And B finally got his diploma in the mail:

Here's my 36 week pic I forgot to take on Sunday:

Today I'm 36weeks and 3 days...only 12 or so more days!!!
Til tomorrow,
LeAnn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 12 more days to go! That is if you can't talk Dr. B into inducing early...I'm sure you will plead a good case tomorrow! :) I hope you get all of your questions answered tomorrow and that you feel better after hearing them.

Those shorts are so freaking cute and I know Brody will make them look even cuter! Can't wait to meet him!

Love,
Stacy

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow, and you get all the answers you are needing.

Love the swimsuit!

deneise said...

oh, so brandon did one of those colleges like you see in the tv guide...where you pay them some $$ and they send you a diploma!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will be praying that the doctor will show a little mercy! Keep us posted. Much love and see you AND Brody soon!!!

Love!