Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Finally Progress!!

Well last night was a tough one and I had contractions nonstop until 4 am. I couldn't sleep or get comfortable at all and was having that "gas" pain that I had a few weeks ago, which very well could be gas! This morning I wasn't feeling Brody at all and just couldn't get him to move a lot. I figured it was because I was up all night and he was sleeping but I went ahead and called the dr just to be safe, I feel it's my motherly duty to protect this little guy and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We did a NST and he looked good although his heart rate would drop during a contraction. Dr. B wanted to check his fluid just to make sure and said if the fluid level was good then she wouldn't worry about the drop in heart rate. So off we went for a BPP ultrasound and all looked good. We could really see Brody "breathing" in and out and he waved to us as well.

During the scan I had one long and strong contraction that Dr. B could see and feel so she wanted to check my cervix and finally

I'VE DILATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in between 1-2 cm and 50% effaced. I had the biggest grin on my face and she could tell I was excited, she said finally you are doing something! It's so frustrating to be so miserable with constant contractions and know they aren't doing a darn thing, at least now I feel like my misery is actually doing some work!

I could walk around like this for 2-3 more weeks and nothing happen but she thinks it could be any day now.

Keep in mind that my prediction for his arrival is the 6th(Friday) and B has been saying the 9th(background: Brandon's baseball # growing up was 29 and if he were to come on the 9th it would be 2-9...wouldn't that be cool!)
So here's to a start!
LeAnn

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on the progress! I know you are ready for Brody to make his arrival!

Your prediction is only 3 days away and B's is only 6, so it won't be long until you know if either of you are right :)

Keep us posted on any more progress!

Blankenship Babbles said...

WooHoo Go Mr. Vix Go...

I can't wait your little guy...I just wonder if you'll make it to either one of your predictions...Any day now :)~

marcy said...

I'm going for the 9th. I really, really, really want to be there. I think I'm seventh in line to hold him. (you, B, Grammy, Papa J, Nana, Poppy, AUNT MARCY!) I may bump in front of Brandon though :) I really am so excited I can hardly breathe.

Nana said...

I am predicting Valentine's Day because I plan to be in Oklahoma.

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Congratulations on your progress! I know you are so excited!