Sunday, February 8, 2009

36 Weeks

I cannot believe it. Only 2 more weeks and I will be holding the sweetest little boy in my arms. This child is no doubt a miracle for making it through this pregnancy and will be the biggest blessing in our lives. I cannot wait to meet him!

I had a good weekend. It's amazing what a little sleep can do. I didn't realize how much I have't been sleeping but after Thursday's news of not being able to get the heparin my nurse suggested I take Tylenol PM, so I did and boy did I sleep good. I don't even think I woke up once. That left me feeling refreshed Friday and just in a better state of mind. Friday was a great day with little contractions toward the evening but nothing big. I went ahead and took another Tylenol PM Friday night and once again slept great! Saturday turned out to be great as well and I had very little contractions. I went to the movies with my parents and then went to watch Brandon's basketball game at church. I decided not to take another Tylenol PM last night and wouldn't you know I contracted all night and got no sleep! Today was a rough one with a lot of contractions that were pretty strong and painful. They tapered off about 6 and haven't been bad at all this evening. Hopefully I will be able to get some sleep tonight.

I'm really thinking about bribing the doctor into inducing me next week, anyone have suggestions on how to do that? I know her surgery days are on Tuesdays and I think that is her induction days as well so I'm hoping to have her induce me next Tuesday, if not it will be the next week for sure but I'm seriously thinking about getting on all fours and begging for mercy :)

Here is what's going on with Brody this week:
Baby’s development is nearly complete at this point and it can be termed as full term baby on completion of 36th week. The baby will now move and position itself for birth. The baby will move down now and its head comes to rest on the pelvic bone bowl of the mother. This is the most significant development at this stage. The baby is positioning itself for delivery. The baby’s approximate length from head to toe is 20 inches and approximate body weight is around 2.8 kg or 6 pounds. At this stage the baby is storing as much fat as it can and the cheeks, knees and elbows start dimpling due to fat deposition. The baby’s brain is developing at a rapid pace. The baby is practicing the action of blinking. Baby’s gums become strong and rigid and there is full development of the sucking muscles. The baby swallows a certain amount of amniotic fluid daily and excretes it as urine. There is a balance maintained between the amount of fluid swallowed and excreted.

The ultrasound tech told us Thursday that Brody is already in the pelvic bone bowl and in the birthing position so I feel very blessed that we don't have to worry about breech or anything like that!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Love,
LeAnn

3 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

I knew you could survive bedrest! Congratulations to you and yours! Looking forward to hearing all about Brody when he arrives!

Uncle D and Aunt J said...

Yay for good sleep! I am a real advocate of Tylenol PM. I am so thankful that you are feeling better. I can't wait to see Brody! Should I go ahead and schedule vacation days for the Tuesdays you mentioned for the waiting room party while you are doing all the laboring? Hang in there, it's getting close.

Ashley said...

Glad to hear you got some good sleep. It totally makes a difference!

Not too much longer... you can do it!