Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1st Pedi Visit



Went to the doctor today and Brody is doing good. He's at 5lbs10ozs which is up 2 oz from when we were discharged. Obviously he's a little baby so we are really pumping him fully of mommy's good stuff and I'm trying to get him to eat every 2 hours instead of every 3 hours like we were doing. He's such a good eater but falls asleep so its a challenge to get him up & going to eat. I don't blame him...who doesn't love sleep!

His jaundice is pretty much gone and they didn't even check his levels today because his yellowing was pretty much gone. We are still opening up the blinds and having him in the sun during the day which I think has really helped.

The 1st night home I got a much needed 6 hours of sleep and last night I got about 3 which isn't too bad. B took Brody after his feeding today and I took about a 45 minute nap which made a world of difference!

Grammy came over yesterday to hang out with the little man and it was such a big help as it allowed Brandon and I to get some rest and do a little laundry and unpacking. Thanks Grammy!

We just got this delivered from Nana:

Oh goodness its amazing, I've been craving fruit and this is just a little bite of heaven, thanks Nana

Aunt Mandy brought us some yummy chicken and dumplings Sunday and the church is bringing dinner every night this week. We are so blessed, thanks everyone!

Still working on that birth story

2 comments:

The Bellamy Family said...

Hey LeAnn,

I am so glad everything went great for you especially all that you have been through. Brody is adorable, and it is so hard to believe we will have our own little boy here any day. I know the wait is worth it. I keep thinking the longer I am able to work the better because I am not going back until after TAKS. We will definitely have to get together in a couple of weeks. Thanks for praying for us!

Chantel

Anonymous said...

You definitely have a handsome little guy! I really want to come see you and meet Brody but I'm going out of town today and I started feeling a little sick earlier this week as well and I definitely did want to get anyone in your household sick! Anyways, I've been thinking about ya'll and I can't wait to see your little miracle!

Love,
Stacy