Thursday, February 12, 2009

Doc Update

Had our 36 week doctor's appointment today and Brody didn't grow that great this week. Last week he was in the 50th percentile and now he is in the 25th percentile. He is just a little over 5 1/2 pounds and over the past 3 weeks he's only gained 200 grams. So we are going back on Monday to check on him again, if he hasn't caught up or grown that much we will go ahead and induce. She said she's a little concerned but not enough to pull the plug yet and wants to see what he does over the weekend. Obviously, this isn't the news I was hoping for, any parent wants their child to thrive but the doctor assured me that I'm a better incubator right now than if he were to be on the outside so we are just in a waiting game. I'd feel alot better if he was still in the 50th percentile or higher instead of going backwards but nothing I can do but put my faith in the Lord that all is well.

I haven't dilated any further but she said he is now at a -3 station where last week he was still "floating" so at least he has dropped more.

She also thinks that I will be able to get an epidural. She said once I get to the hospital they check my blood every hour for clotting and that she hasn't had a patient on blood thinners who hasn't been able to get an epidural...it might be last minute but I will most likely be able to have one!!

If we don't induce this coming week it will be the week of the 23rd for sure, which is only 11 days from now!!! She said we can pick the birth date on Monday which of course I'm going for sooner rather than later, so if I have it my way it will be on the 23rd.

Til next time,
LeAnn

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I know you were hoping to hear he had grown more, but the good news is that your doctor is monitoring you very closely to make sure Brody is safe. I hope he grows like a little piglet over the weekend and puts on some weight!

I am glad to hear that she thinks you will be able to have an epidural. I know you were worried about that.

Hang in there, girl. You are almost done. Brody is going to be here soon!!!